Friday, April 8, 2011

Daddy Duty

That's what my husband has this weekend.  That's right. I'm leaving.  I'm not taking a single child with me, and he gets to take care of everything this weekend. 

First of all, let me say that my husband is a great Daddy!  Our kids adore him and the time they get to spend with him.  His job allows him to be at home with us every single night, and he doesn't often have to work extremely long hours.  Secondly, I don't want anyone to get the impression that I am in charge of our household.  He is definitely in charge! But, let's face it, when it comes to cooking, cleaning, scheduling, etc., I'm the one who takes care of all that. 

With that being said, I have been running around for the past two days almost like a crazy woman like a total maniac trying to get everything done so his weekend will run smoothly.  Laundry, dishes, cooking, etc. are all taken care of so all he has to do is be with the kids. 

After all, a lot can go wrong in 24 hours.  Oh yes, for those of you who were starting to feel sorry for my poor husband left who I'm leaving with my four children, my "weekend away" consists of just a little over 24 hours.  Really.

It's ok.  I'm sure he'll do fine.  After all, he is their Daddy, and he's a good one.  I don't do this often (no blame on anyone else, it's by my own choice.)  So, when I have the chance to get away, I truly appreciate it.  And, my family appreciates me when I come home :)

For those of you who are starting to feel sorry for me, I'm leaving him with four kids--one of whom has a softball tournament smack dab in the middle of the weekend.

I'm sure he'll figure it out...

1 comment: